Wednesday, August 11, 2021

GiffGaff UK Simcard - The best deal for any UK resident

Received an email today telling me that my UK simcard from GiffGaff is going to expire in one month's time. 

Felt a little bit nostalgic. 


This was among the first items I had when I went to Glasgow for my Masters in September 2016. This simcard was part of the welcome giftpack in the hostel at Winton Drive. It is most probably the cheapest (prepaid) simcard in town. Since then, I have been using this simcard every time I travel to the UK and Europe (it can roam in Europe for free). GiffGaff has referral programs, where you get 10 pounds when you get invite your friends to port into GiffGaff. You can also request new simcards and get your friends to use them. I requested no less than 6 new simcards and and received quite a lot of phone credits.  

My last trip to the UK was in February 2020 to attend IET's Annual Dinner, and since then, the world had indeed changed. I still have some credit left in the simcard, so I will just send some best wishes through sms to my UK friends. 

Hopefully, this simcard could head back to where it is from and make calls again. 

Hang in there everyone. The pandemic will end, and let us make the best out of every situation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment